Do you want to know what is Virtualmin? If so, then have to read this article. Virtualmin provides a ton of functionalities with a nice and clean user interface. It takes care of all the configuration and security.
What is Virtualmin?
Virtualmin is a website control panel and domain hosting that provides the capability to develop & manage numerous domains and is hence available in both commercial and open-source versions. This domain hosting system is based upon the Webmin and several web hosting systems usually prefer Virtualmin as the best alternative for Cpanel.
Virtualmin is one of the most cost-effective and powerful web hosting control panels on the market. The ultimate rival to Cpanel, Plesk, and Ensim. Virtualmin has a feature set that allows the most advanced users full control of their respective accounts (Apache config files, DNS zone management) and more. But it also has one of the best interfaces for the beginner user. If you’re the type of person that doesn’t want to get into too many technical details it will still allow you to run your website and email with ease and scalability.
How does it work?
Virtualmin is installed on an existing operating system such as Linux. It’s a quick and easy way to add web hosting features. In our case here, we have a small server running Debian 10. At the time of writing Virtualmin is not yet compatible with Debian 11. Beyond the hosting part, the tool can manage several services: DNS, domain, subdomain, mail services, etc.
Features Of Virtualmin
Virtualmin Pro and Virtualmin GPL web hosting Cpanel offer an easy-to-use tool for managing mailboxes, databases, websites, web application development, and web applications environment. In addition to that, Virtualmin tends to support fascinating features which are rarely available in other kinds of control panels like 2-factor authentication, advanced access controls, command-line management, and LDAP authentication.
It has competition. A lot of it. We even compete with ourselves when it comes to choosing to purchase your tools or select an open-source option. We think we’ve built the most powerful and flexible web hosting control panel in the world in nearly every area.
- Flexibility Where You Need It: Virtualmin is unlike anything else when it comes to flexibility and power. Designed by system administrators for system administrators, it works with you to configure services and accounts in the way you choose.
- Ease of Use Where You Want It: Virtualmin isn’t just for hard-core system administrators. It scales back the complexity of the UI based on the privileges of the logged-in user and allows delegation of tasks, based on skill and level of trust.
- Extensible, Scriptable, Customizable: Virtualmin was made to be extended, scripted, and customized. With a modular architecture, you can write new modules and themes, drive them from scripts or other programs, and create Server Templates to suit your needs.
- Command Line Friendly: With Virtualmin, working from the UI is not the only way to do it. With complete command-line access to nearly all UI functions, and the ability to configure most services using standard text editors and tools, Virtualmin works your way.
- Maximize Efficiency: Virtualmin has always been focused on automating away repetitive tasks without impeding your ability to customize. Simplifying complex tasks is a Virtualmin specialty.
- Professional Support: Virtualmin support is provided by the people who build and maintain the software. When you file a support ticket with us, you’ll receive prompt, expert, advice. Tickets are usually answered within 24 hours, and every member of our staff has years of experience.
The solution is complete and allows you to be autonomous. The default configuration is stable and efficient. Application updates can be made through the management interface. Managing multiple domains and subdomains is easy. On the other hand, the interface is quite confusing, slow, and aging. It will take several hours to fully understand the philosophy of the product and manage to do something with it. It is far from the simplicity of a Plesk or cPanel but it works and it’s free.