How to Activate Windows Server 2008 Online
- Click on Start > then right click on Computer and click on Properties
- The System basic information page will open. At the bottom of it, under Windows Activation section, the remaining days from the grace period (activation period) is displayed
- Click on the link XX days to activate. Activate Windows now (where XX is the remaining days)
- The Windows Activation page will be displayed. Click on Activate Windows online now to start activating your Windows copy, or click onAsk me later to cancel the operation.
- If you have already provided a Product Key ( ex. while installing Windows Server ), then after few moments you will receive a confirmation that your Windows copy has been activated
If you have not supplied a Product Key while installing Windows Server, then you will be redirected to the below screen shot. Make sure you type the correct product key, in this I mean the product key for the installed version of Windows Server 2008. If you do not already have a product key, then you can buy one online by clicking on the button Buy a new product key online
Once you type a product key, click on Next
- Activating Windows is in the process. The activation wizard securely connects to a Microsoft server to transfer your installation ID when you submit it. A confirmation ID is passed back to your computer.
- Then you will finally receive a confirmation page that confirms that activation was successful. Enjoy your genuine copy of Windows.
- If you went back to the system properties page, you will find that the remaining days link has been replaced with: Windows is activated
Was this answer helpful?
Windows updates are commonly scheduled in our environment on a staggered basis. However, should...
GreenCloudVPS is using Solus Virtual Manager (SolusVM) as the VPS management system for OpenVZ...
Remote desktop is an extremely useful tool to use with Windows VPS hosting. With RDP, you can...
1. Click on Start then click to the Administrator icon:2. Click on Manage Another Account:3....
On the other post, we introduced Remote Desktop Connection to connect to the Windows VPS...