How to Activate Windows Server 2008 Online
- Click on Start > then right click on Computer and click on Properties
- The System basic information page will open. At the bottom of it, under Windows Activation section, the remaining days from the grace period (activation period) is displayed
- Click on the link XX days to activate. Activate Windows now (where XX is the remaining days)
- The Windows Activation page will be displayed. Click on Activate Windows online now to start activating your Windows copy, or click onAsk me later to cancel the operation.
- If you have already provided a Product Key ( ex. while installing Windows Server ), then after few moments you will receive a confirmation that your Windows copy has been activated
If you have not supplied a Product Key while installing Windows Server, then you will be redirected to the below screen shot. Make sure you type the correct product key, in this I mean the product key for the installed version of Windows Server 2008. If you do not already have a product key, then you can buy one online by clicking on the button Buy a new product key online
Once you type a product key, click on Next
- Activating Windows is in the process. The activation wizard securely connects to a Microsoft server to transfer your installation ID when you submit it. A confirmation ID is passed back to your computer.
- Then you will finally receive a confirmation page that confirms that activation was successful. Enjoy your genuine copy of Windows.
- If you went back to the system properties page, you will find that the remaining days link has been replaced with: Windows is activated
Was this answer helpful?
First, please log in to the Hyper-V Control Panel with the credentials we send you:Next, please...
Windows updates are commonly scheduled in our environment on a staggered basis. However, should...
When you connect VPN software on a Windows VPS, the IP of the VPS would be changed, so you will...
The .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (also referred to as .NET Framework 3.5.1) is a prerequisite for SQL...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution