Our Toronto location delivers two key elements of a telco hotel data center space: proximity to cross connections and internet exchanges. Located in the Toronto Star building, our always-on Data Center facility is minutes away from Billy Bishop Airport, a short walk from Union Station and it offers easy access to major highways in and out of Toronto.
Our network is assembled using a mix of providers and we peer directly with the Toronto Internet Exchange (TorIX). With over 230 peers connected, TorIX members have access to direct routes from many different partners. Using TorIX allows for a reliable exchange of traffic with increased routing control and improved performance.
Here are the most important elements you should know about our network.
- There are 10+ unique network providers with a point of presence (PoP) onsite, with access to 150+ unique carriers
- There’s a Meet-Me-Room (MMR) at 1 Yonge Street with direct access to MMRs at 151 Front Street via Amanah’s fibre network
- We have TORIX peering
- There’s Cogent POP
- Diesel backup generators
- Uninterrupted power supplies N + 1
- Multiple backup modular power distribution systems
- Diverse automatic transfer switches (ATSs)
- Cross-zoned VESDA
- Dual interlocked pre-action fire suppression
- 24/7 on-site security guards in lobby
- Card access authentication
- Closed-circuit TV (CCTV) systems
- N+1 cooling infrastructure
- Enwave’s cooling system (pumps cold water from Lake Ontario to cool condensers of chillers supplying chilled water)
- Liebert in-row cooling solutions paired with hot aisle containment systems
- Humidification monitoring and control sensors