Our Monticello data center building is heavily reinforced, purposely built to withstand the ravages of a close range nuclear weapon strike. No other natural disaster compares to the amount of damage inflicted by a multi-megaton nuclear bomb detonated at close range. Very few data centers can claim to be tornado proof. We can, with 100% confidence, claim to be able to operate during and after a direct encounter with an EF5 tornado. Our Monticello is the tornado proof data center!
- 2N UPS true dual power paths to each rack, by default
- 2N on site generation – underground inside the data center
- 3N fuel stores – above ground, and underground fuel stores
- 3N cooling – underground, inside the data center
- 2N IP connectivity served by two completely geographically diverse tier 1 internet providers, with fiber from opposite directions. Single (BGP4 combined) or dual data drops to each rack (2N) are available.
- Sub micron air filtration designed in to data center to filter air against chemical, biological, or radiological threats.
- The facility is over 200 feet in elevation higher than the nearest flood plain.
- Nearest flood plain is over two miles away.
- No municipal water supplies within two miles of the property. Flooding from broken water mains is not a possibility!
- Redundant water wells, provide water on site, large water storage allows operation for two weeks upon simultaneous failure of both wells.
- Rural location. Away from any population centers or other structures that could be considered a target for terrorism.
- More than three miles of buried geothermal tubing on the data center campus provide a heat sink for the geothermal heat pump cooling system.
- Zero common points of failure.
- Entire facility, including all critical infrastructure, such as generators, fuel, and air-conditioning condensers that are typically exposed in even the most “hardened” of data centers, are located entirely below ground.
- Zero shared real estate tenants on site.
- Ability to survive multiple contingency situations.